The Georgian Association in the USA has been an active member of The Central and East European Coalition (CEEC). The Central and East European Coalition was established in 1994 and is composed of eighteen national, membership-based organizations representing Americans of Armenian, Belarusan, Bulgarian, Czech, Estonian, Georgian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Slovak, and Ukrainian descent.
The Coalition was established to coordinate the efforts of ethnic organizations whose members continue to maintain strong cultural, economic, political, and religious ties to the countries of Central and East Europe. The Coalition serves as a liaison with these national Central and East European ethnic organizations.
These organizations cooperate in calling attention to issues of mutual concern, especially as regards United States policy toward Central and East Europe. The Coalition has cooperated on a wide range of issues including calling attention to Russia’s policies toward its neighbors, NATO enlargement, and U.S. assistance programs for the region.
The Coalition has met with numerous Congressional leaders and has testified before a number of Congressional committees including the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, House International Relations Committee, Senate Appropriations Committee, and the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe.
The Association has also been actively advocating for Georgian Interests on the Hill through Advocacy Days, policy briefs, and statements on relevant issues.
- House of Representatives Adopts Connolly-Kinzinger Georgia Support Act
- Georgian Association Ongoing Advocacy
- The Georgian Association Supports the Recent Russia Sanctions Bill
- CEEC Reaffirms Need for Strong U.S. Leadership in Europe (August 8, 2016)
- House Foreign Affairs Committee passes 13 measures including H.R. 660, to Support the Territorial Integrity of Georgia
- CEEC statement on Belarus
- CEEC Letter to President Trump on Troop Withdrawal from Germany
- Georgian Association Statement on 2008 August War
- Georgian Association statement regarding illegal detention of Dr. Vazha Gaprindashvili
- Georgian Association letter to Senators Risch and Menendez to support SFRC-sponsored Georgia Support Act